Benefits Of Crossfit Strength Training

Crossfit is a high-intensity exercise program that was first invented to train military forces, policemen and fireman. However’ it has been adopted by millions of people over the world, taking the world by storm and becoming a fitness trend.

crossfit strength training

Crossfit was designed by incorporating diverse forms of exercises in order to help you achieve total body fitness. The exercises are made up of constantly varied high-intensity movements, which aim to target all the muscle domains of your body.

Crossfit is not a specialized sport and is not suitable for individuals interested in training a specific part of their body, such as athletes and bodybuilders. However, Crossfit can be modified to help you achieve your fitness goals, as it was to initiate Crossfit Football and Crossfit Endurance.

So, if you’re wondering whether Crossfit can be a good program to follow for strength training, then the answer is, yes it can be once you make a few tweaks.

The thing to note about Crossfit is that it is made up of exercises from various training programs from strength, endurance and stamina to help you be the best all-round athlete. This is why it is possible to modify Crossfit to meet your end goal because all you have to do is focus more on the strength-based exercises.

You can put 80% in strength training exercises, and then share the remaining 20% among the other exercises.

Crossfit Strength Training

Listed below are the exercises to follow under the Crossfit Strength training regimen, each one designed to build strength in a specific area of the body.

Glute Hypertrophy

This exercise is designed to target the muscles in your legs and butt. It is known as the Booty program and requires you to lift three times a week. It is known to provide good results regarding muscle growth in your lower body. It’s an intense program that lasts 12 weeks and promises to be gruelling and effective.

Power Challenge Linear Progression

This is recorded as a 10-week program.  You can carry it out for as long as you want it to as long as you’re progressing. It consists of 1RM Back Squat, Bench Press, and Deadlift to total 1000/600. This can be improved on gradually and consistently to help you increase your lower back strength.

7/13 Squat Program

This strength program targets your legs and glutes. It is a 10-week squat program to help you improve your front and back squats. You will be required to squat three times a week.  Making use of weights to provide more resistance to your muscles. Each daily workout involves 4 sets with an increasing number of reps and the level of difficulty. It is recommended that you have a 24-hour rest between squat days.

5×5 Squat Program

This is a squat program designed to ultimately help you improve on your back squats. With this program, you will be required to squat twice a week. This program is made up of 5 sets of squats to be carried out daily.  Each set is composed of 5 reps with a gradual increase in the weight applied in all 5 sets. It lasts for 8 weeks and was named for its 5 reps in 5 sets structure.

Leave a comment